Monday, August 23, 2010

Recap of the day! :)

Today was one of the most interesting first day of classes that I've had in my entire high school and college career combined.

 

This morning I got up around 7:30 and got ready, and around 1 5minutes to 9 decided to head out. I had a mountain of a to-do list to tackle and wanted to get it all done and over with before my first class. I did the following:

  1. Financial Aid to turn in my high school transcript
  2. Business Office Residence Life about my meal plan 
  3. Mail room to pick up my books
  4. Trainer's to turn in my physical
  5. Registrar to pick up an add/drop slip
  6. Academic Advisor to get my slip signed
  7. Talk to the president in the elevator (by accident)**
  8. Library to print papers for interview
  9. Tutoring application

It was a pretty busy morning and at 11:30, I had a super important interview! It was for the Disney College Program and I feel that it went very well! I seemed to get alot of questions about Character Attendant which I hope is a good sign! :)

**: I was in the elevator trying to head up to the 3rd floor (which is where the new Chaplin's office was and I really need to meet with her soon) and the President of Wesley just happened to be in there. He asked me how my day was going and this was right after my phone interview (so naturally I was on a Disney high) and I replied "My Day is going great! I just finished a phone interview for The Walt Disney World College Program". He asked "Oh, what is that? Tell me about it?" So I had a whole 5 minute conversation with me talking about the CP and all Disney can teach us. He seemed really pleased that two people from our college are attempting to apply and participate. I also  said "I really hope that the college is supportive of this, It's an amazing internship" and he replied "Oh, We most certianly are! This is something not only great for you to particiapte in but it's something we should support! You two girls come visit me personally the moment you find something out and I will make sure the college supports you!"

 

This is the answer to SO MANY prayers. The college had previously been very unsupportive of the College program for me as my department would not support the program for education credits as it was not directly related to education. I truly am so happy that he supports this and I can't wait to find something out! :)  

Anyway. Back to my challenge:

The Second Day: August 23.2010

Events: First Day of Classes and Meetings all over School! 

No comments:

Post a Comment